SKOKIE, IL— In the world of outdoor living, decks have evolved from a practical outdoor space to “outdoor rooms,” a true extension of the home. TimberTech, the premier manufacturer of low maintenance, high quality and durable outdoor building products, has developed its 2016 deck trends forecast to help homeowners create the most durable, comfortable and stylish outdoor spaces.
To ensure that its top-notch product line is stocked with the most up-to-date trends, TimberTech works closely with industry expert George Gehringer of Metaphor LLC on an annual report highlighting the hot styles and most popular decking stains and trends in each region across the country.
“Whether a homeowner’s style is laid back or extravagant, we pay close attention to the latest outdoor living trends to create product lines that offer homeowners a variety of quality decking, color and railing options to best match his or her preferences,” said TimberTech’s chief marketing officer Julia Fitzgerald. “At TimberTech, we want to help homeowners make the most of their decks to spend the precious warmer months enjoying the outdoors, not on pricey deck upkeep.”
TimberTech and Gehringer have identified the following trends to help homeowners create a stylish and functional outdoor room:
- See it all: With a nod to the retro chic trend from the 1950s, cable railing provides an open visual backdrop.
- Warm up: Replace heat lamps with fire pits as a cozier way to extend the seasons.
- Stay connected: Get wired on any deck with plugs for lighting, music, TVs and security systems.
- Upgrade the grill: Bring the kitchen outdoors with gas grills, pizza ovens, freezers, fridges, running water and storage for cooking utensils.
- Get peace of mind: Enjoy time on the deck without worrying about regular maintenance. High performance decking materials allow homeowners to sit back and relax instead of staining and sealing their deck year after year.
Overall, whether a homeowner is looking for a DIY product or will be hiring a decking professional to build their outdoor space, designing a space that meets their individual lifestyle will provide the highest level of satisfaction.
Providing a top quality product in more than a dozen popular colors and several aesthetically pleasing surface textures, TimberTech decking comes with a 25-Year Limited Residential Warranty and 25-Year Fade & Stain Limited Warranty.
About AZEK® Building Products
AZEK Building Products manufactures home building materials under two divisions: TimberTech® and AZEK Exteriors®. TimberTech offers a premium portfolio of capped polymer and capped composite decking – as well as railing, porch, lighting and paver products – while AZEK Exteriors manufactures distinctly unique trim and moulding. Together the brands present homeowners, builders, architects, dealers and contractors with a comprehensive suite of first-rate products that are long lasting, sustainable alternatives to wood. AZEK is headquartered in Chicago, IL (with plants in OH and PA) and also owns Minneapolis-based Ultralox railing systems.
Senior PR Account Manager
970.963.4873 ext 208