TimberTech AZEK, TimberTech PRO, TimberTech EDGE Cleaning Tips
- It is recommended that you wash periodically with ordinary household products to remove dirt and debris.
- Avoid the use of mats, tarps, pool toys, and other non-porous items on the deck for any extended period of time as these items may cause discoloration.
- Some products, such as sunblock and insect repellent, contain chemicals that may alter the surface of TimberTech Deck. Check product labels and consult with the manufacturer.
- For ice removal, most products containing calcium chloride can be used. These products may leave a white residue which can be cleaned using the above guidelines.
- Always remove jobsite dust, clay, dirt, mud, and other construction products from TimberTech Deck, Porch, Rim Joist Covers, & Riser quickly. Do not allow construction dirt and debris to sit on the TimberTech Deck/Porch surface
- All-surface deck cleaner or an all-purpose cleaner, such as Chomp® Gutter cleaner, Zep® 505, Simple® Green or Krud Kutter® Cleaner/Degreaser for spot cleaning and periodic maintenance cleaning
- A stiff natural fiber brush
Note that composite deck cleaners such as Corte Clean®, Thompson’s® Water Seal® Oxy Action, Olympic® Premium Deck Cleaner, or other cleaners specified as composite deck cleaners, in powder or liquid form, SHOULD NOT be used with AZEK Deck/ Porch. AZEK Deck/Porch is a PVC/polymer deck plank and not a wood/plastic composite.
- Dawn Ultra/Water for spot cleaning and periodic maintenance cleaning
- Chomp Pro Gutter cleaner for harder to clean mud, clay, and dirt surface contamination
- Quickie Bulldozer Deck Scrub Brush - Medium Plastic Bristled Deck Brush - Model # 240BZ-01
ReliaBoard, TwinFinish, & DockSider Cleaning Tips
- Wash Safe Spray and Clean Composite Deck Cleaner, Corte Clean, SuperDeck Composite Deck Cleaner, and Thompson’s Water Seal – Oxy Action for spot cleaning and periodic maintenance cleaning
- Quickie Bulldozer Deck Scrub - Medium Plastic Bristled Deck Brush: Model # 240BZ-01
Railing Cleaning Tips
Usual maintenance of railing must adhere to the following steps:
- Clean using an appropriate cleaning product, as defined below
- Clear water rinsing
- Wiping with a soft cloth
- All surfaces shall be cleaned using a soft cloth or sponge, and no cloth shall be harsher than natural bristle brushes.
- If the railing is subject to any hazardous and unusual environmental factors or is located within one (1) mile of the seashore, an estuary or marine environments, railing must be consulted on an individual project basis for best maintenance practices.
- Usual maintenance cleaning may be done using water with a mild detergence (pH 5 to 8).
- If atmospheric pollution has resulted in heavy soiling of the coating, some stains or marks may require stronger domestic products, such as alcohol, petroleum spirits, white spirits or bleach diluted to five percent (5%). In this instance, rinse the coating immediately after using the cleaning product.
- In no circumstance shall any abrasive cleaner, polish, cleanings containing keytones or ether be used.