Information We Collect
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information we receive from you. To use certain portions of our website, we ask you to complete an online form or create a user account. We also allow you to contact us through the website by chatting with a representative or sending us an email. In addition, we may from time to time run surveys or promotions on our website.
When you register with us or communicate with us through our website, we ask you to provide your contact information (such as name, mailing address, phone number, and email address). We may also ask you to provide product information (including type of product purchased, where it was purchased, and the purchase date as well as information about installation), if applicable. Lastly, there may be an option to provide demographic information about your household and, although this information is not required, we encourage you to provide it so that we can create a more personalized experience on our site.
When you create an AZEK or TimberTech account we ask for your name, contact information (including phone number, postal code, and email address). We also prompt you to create a username and/or unique password.
When you voluntarily elect to participate in a survey or promotion, we ask for your contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code, age level).
When you download and install our Deck Designer app, we ask you to create a TimberTech account. When you use the app, we collect the following information:
- Usage and Log Information.We collect information about your activity on our app, including log files, diagnostic information, and performance reports.
- Device and Connection Information.We collect device and connection-specific information including hardware model, operating system, app version, browser information, mobile network, language and time zone, and device identifier.
- Location Information.We collect device location information if you use our location features.
- Other Device Information.The app may also allow us to collect and use information received through device-based settings when you enable them (such as access to your camera and photos) in order to provide certain features on our app.
- Information sent by your device or browser when you visit our website.When you visit any website, including ours, your browser automatically sends certain information that does not personally identify you. This includes information such as browser type, language preference, operating system, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, device identification number, geo-location data, and online browsing data (like date and time of access to our website, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”).
- Analytics: We use third-party web analytics services on our website, such as those of Google Analytics, which analyze how a visitor uses the site. You may opt-out at any time either by downloading and installing a BROWSER PLUGIN offered by Google or by configuring your browser to delete and reject cookies. Both options will prevent the use of web analysis only if you use the browser on which you installed the plugin.
- Advertising: Our website allows third parties to serve cookies for purposes of delivering interest-based media ads when users engage with 3rd party websites.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for the following legitimate business purposes:
To communicate with you. We use information you provide to us in order to communicate with you, respond to your inquiries or requests for information, provide personalized offers and advertising, and to notify you of promotions or, if applicable, of promotion results and awards.
For administrative purposes. We use your information to assist you with registration, to administer your TimberTech account, and to handle warranty information and claims.
To improve our website. We combine information about visitors to our website to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information that helps us understand the frequency of visits to our site, the pages visited, and the features clicked.
To manage and improve our app. We use information collected to make improvements to our app and to provide content and features.
For legal purposes. We also use the information we collect where necessary to comply with law or a legal obligation to which we are subject or to exercise or defend legal claims.
How We Share Information
We may share the information we collect with the following categories of recipients:
With third party service providers so that they may perform business functions for us. These individuals have access to the information needed to perform their functions, but may not use if for other purposes.
With other third parties, such as law enforcement or governmental authorities, in limited circumstances, when we are required to do so by law or legal process, to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual criminal activity.
At this time, AZEK does not rent, sell or otherwise share information about you with any third party for their direct marketing purposes.
International Data Transfers
We process data in the United States. If you visit our website from outside of the United States, please be aware that the laws of the United States may not be as protective as the data protection laws of your own country. When you voluntarily provide information to us through our website, we will transfer your data to the United States with your consent or as necessary for the performance of our contract with you.
Protecting Your Information
We recognize the importance of maintaining the security of your information. We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware though that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected if for, including as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to exercise our rights and defend claims.
How You Can Control Your Privacy
Making Changes to or Requesting Deletion of Your Personal Information. AZEK aims to keep your information as accurate as possible. You may add to, delete, or change any individual information you have provided to us by writing to us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below. After receipt of such a written request, we will add, delete, or change your personal information from our records as soon as commercially reasonable.
Do Not Track Requests. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies. Note that if you choose to disable cookies, it is possible that some of our websites’ features may not function properly. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
Notice to California Residents. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below. Indicate in your email that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
Notice to Residents of the European Economic Area. If you reside in the EEA, you have particular rights available to you depending on the legal basis for processing. When we process your data based on our legitimate business interests, you have the right to access, correct and delete your personal information as well as the right to object to processing. To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
Links to Third Party Websites
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that AZEK is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Notice of Changes to this Policy
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about this policy or would like to exercise your choices with respect to your data.
The AZEK® Company 1330 W Fulton Market, Suite 350, Chicago, IL 60607
P: 877-ASK-AZEK or 877-275-2935