As an extension of your home, your outdoor living space should be your go-to spot to escape, relax, and entertain. We know that the last thing you want to think about is property damage — so we’ve taken steps to ensure your backyard build can not only weather the elements, but take the heat.
The TimberTech® AZEK® Vintage Collection® not only boasts gorgeous aesthetics to improve the value of your home, but a Class A Flame Spread Rating to protect that value. When you choose capped polymer beauty from the Vintage Collection, you choose high-performance, nature-inspired decking without the drawbacks of traditional wood.
What Is a Class A Flame Spread Rating?
Today’s building materials are tested, rated, and classified by the International Building Code (IBC) as developed by the International Code Council (ICC) based on how they react when burned under controlled conditions. The IBC recognizes the American Society for Testing and Materials’ (ASTM) benchmark, Standard Test Method for Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials, or ASTM E84. Flame Spread results range on an index from Class A (the best) to Class C.
Translation? The IBC provides standards for safe building products — like a Class A Flame Spread Rating — so you and your family can stay safe.
What to Know
- Flame Spread Rating Index = A numerical reference that measures how fast and far a flame spreads during a 10-minute test.
- Class A = Flame Spread Index of 25 or less; the best possible rating, awarded to fire-retardant building products like concrete.
Why Does the Vintage Collection Earn a Class A Flame Spread Rating?
The deck boards of the TimberTech AZEK Vintage Collection are specifically engineered to maintain their integrity under harsh conditions — even in the instance of fire. Check out how innovative materials science contributes to the Vintage Collection’s Class A rating below.
Why Is a Class A Flame Spread Rating Important?
There are several reasons why it’s important to choose building materials with a Class A Flame Spread Rating. When you choose the TimberTech AZEK Vintage Collection for your deck building, you:
- Increase the overall curb appeal and value of your home while protecting that investment in the case of a fire.
- Minimize the risk of flame spread to protect the safety and wellbeing of your family.
- Become part of the movement to bring sustainable decking to the forefront by stopping forests from being both cut and burned down.
We think that’s pretty cool.
Ready to bring the superior technology and enduring beauty of the Class A-rated Vintage Collection to your outdoor living space? Connect with a contractor and get started on your backyard build.
Bring the Beauty of TimberTech to Your Backyard
Work with one of our registered contractors for a build that transforms your outdoor living space.