Your deck should be engineered to stand up to just about anything life throws at it. After all, you invest time and care into crafting your ideal backyard build; why choose traditional materials that don’t deliver? TimberTech offers the best scratch resistant composite decking so that all types of traffic — whether from two- or four-legged friends — won’t take away from the beauty of your outdoor living space.
What Causes Scratches to a Deck?
All decks are likely to encounter scratching agents, but that doesn’t mean that all decks will perform the same when they do. Some common causes of deck scratching on traditional wood decks include:
Factors That Contribute to Scratching
- Pets — Man’s best friend is traditional wood’s worst enemy.
- Foot traffic — A deck is a natural place to entertain. Unfortunately for decks built from wood, that means scratches are inevitable.
- Weathering — The absorption and evaporation of moisture causes wood to expand and contract, leading to everything from shallow fissures (like scratches) to full cracks.
Does Pressure-Treated Wood Protect Against Scratches?
You’ll hear a lot about the protective capacity of pressure-treated wood, but most of those arguments actually don’t hold up under, well, pressure.
Pressure-treated wood is wood that has been placed in a depressurized tank (removing air in the board) and then bathed with chemical preservatives under high pressure. The goal of pressure-treating wood is to protect it from rot, insects, and other weathering agents. But the reality? Even pressure-treated wood boards will show scratches, discoloration, and staining over time.
What Makes TimberTech the Best Scratch Resistant Composite Decking?
To avoid unsightly scratches — and the costly maintenance it takes to repair or replace wood decking — you need the power of protective capping.
Capped Composite & Capped Polymer Durability
Our TimberTech® PRO® and TimberTech AZEK® decking lines are engineered for maximum toughness. Check out the TimberTech PRO decking lines and our “Designer Series,” the TimberTech AZEK Vintage Collection®.
The Best Scratch Resistant Composite Decking
- Capped composite decking.
- 4-sided polymer capping protects against wear, tear, and weathering.
- No wood fillers in the cap means premium resistance to mold and moisture damage.
- Capping all around the outside of the deck boards — even in the grooves — keeps your boards protected where it counts.
- Capped polymer decking with no wood in the core or cap for superior resistance to moisture damage.
- The most advanced synthetic material technology.
- Lightweight, splinter-free, and up to 30° cooler than competitors’ products. Both you and Rover will want to spend time outdoors with the Vintage Collection underfoot.
Benefits of Choosing the Best Scratch Resistant Composite Decking
It’s simple — with TimberTech decking, you enjoy enduring beauty, unrivaled performance, and long-term cost savings.
Technologically advanced polymer capping means moisture can’t invade your deck boards. That means no issues like expansion and contraction (which can cause your deck boards to crack), or fading caused from evaporating stain.
We believe in the scratch- and weathering-resistance of our decking so much, we back our lines with industry-leading warranties. TimberTech PRO decking comes backed by a 30-Year Fade & Stain Limited Warranty, and TimberTech AZEK is backed by an unrivaled Lifetime Limited Warranty and 50-Year Fade & Stain Limited Warranty.
Long-Term Cost Savings
Since you won’t have to worry about replacing or re-staining cracked, damaged deck boards, you’ll end up saving money over the lifetime on your composite deck.
Ready to scrap traditional wood and reach for the best scratch resistant composite decking? Order up to four free samples to be delivered right to your door.
See & Feel the TimberTech Advantage
Our capped polymer and capped composite decking lines combine recycled material with all the beauty of traditional wood.