The heart of any eye-catching deck is its color story. You need the right deck color ideas to capture your personal style — and with the widest selection of deck colors on the market, we have the right portfolio for you. Whether you opt for classic colors or inspiring hues like those of the Reserve Collection, one thing is for certain: you’ll find the inspiration you need for your curated, custom outdoor living space.
Keep It Contemporary With Cool Grays
Coastal-inspired and breezy, gray composite decking keeps your overall design scheme highly inviting. Some additional benefits to opting for a gray deck surface include:
- Decorating versatility: As a true neutral, gray keeps your options wide open. Enjoy easy coordination with deck decorating choices like outdoor furniture, greenery, or even hardscaping.
- Lower heat retention: In general, the lighter the color your composite deck boards, the less heat buildup occurs. If you want a truly cool foot-feel, choose from the contemporary grays of the TimberTech® AZEK® line. Our capped polymer decking line stays up to 30° cooler than competitive composite products.*
*NOTE: Although TimberTech AZEK decking products are cooler to the touch than many other deck board products, all decking products will get hot in the sun. Additionally, the darker the decking color, the hotter it will feel. For hotter climates, consider choosing a lighter color.
Make a Mix-and-Match Statement
If you’re feeling adventurous and want deck color ideas to transform your outdoor living space into a definite conversation starter, multi-colored decking is the way to go.
When you choose more than one deck board color, you create a design defined by:
- Contemporary appeal: Unlike traditional single-hued decking, a mix-and-match color palette to your deck captures the curated look and feel of more modern spaces.
- Your personal style: Combining colors is a chance to showcase your unique eye for design. Choose earthy browns, on-trend grays, or strategically balance warm and cool hues.
Mix-and-Match Deck Color Ideas
Bold Yet Balanced
Mix a classic brown with a deep, contemporary gray for a statement-making play of light and dark. Capture this look with Cypress and Dark Hickory from the TimberTech AZEK Vintage Collection®.
Be Bold With a Border
Want to draw the eye and set your backyard apart in the neighborhood? Choose complementary or contrasting boards to border your deck.
A picture frame border promises:
- A polished look and feel: By defining the perimeter of your space, contrasting deck boards elevate and unify your design scheme.
- Visual interest: Deck boards in a different color than the rest of your deck surface can lend variety without competing with other design elements like lighting or railing.
If you want to enhance the creativity of your bold border even more, use a different width than the rest of your board surface. For multi-width deck color ideas, select from the color-blended TimberTech AZEK Vintage Collection® or the monochromatic Slate Gray and Brownstone colors in the TimberTech AZEK Harvest Collection®.
Enduring Beauty, No Fading or Staining
The best part about composite deck colors? Unlike traditional wood, TimberTech decking colors maintain their richness, luster, and beauty for decades to come.
TimberTech Composite Deck Colors:
Now that you have the deck color ideas you need to kickstart your backyard build, order samples to see nature-inspired colors for yourself.
See & Feel the TimberTech Advantage
Our capped polymer and capped composite decking lines combine recycled material with all the beauty of traditional wood.