Perhaps more than ever before, this year has taught us the importance of home. As you settle in for the winter months, remember your home’s interior is not the only space that should be inviting – you also need a contemporary, cozy deck. This TimberTech holiday deck shopping list has just the right ideas to spruce up your outdoor living space.
1.) String Lights to Set the Mood
Nothing quite beats the ambiance that string lights bring to your outdoor living space. Whether you opt for a colorful strand for the holidays or go with a soft white glow you can enjoy all year round, string lights add enchanting charm to your TimberTech holiday deck’s decor.
2.) Weather-Resistant Deck Seating From Which to Enjoy the View
While winter weather may cue you to store your outdoor furniture for the season, that doesn’t have to be the case. Weather-resistant furniture covered in festive outdoor throws and pillows can provide some much needed personality, seating, and warmth that allows you to enjoy your deck through the winter.
Weather-Resistant Seating Delivers:
- Durable furniture you can keep outside all year long – simply wipe off any accumulated snow and sit when dry.
- A place to relax on mild winter days with your favorite blanket and a hot cup of cocoa.
- Another stylish decor addition to your TimberTech holiday deck.
Modern Deck Trends:
All-weather furniture pairs great with decks defined by the modern trend of “bringing the indoors, out.”
If you have full or partial overhead structures, take advantage of the shelter and couple durable furniture with afternoons enjoying a warm beverage.
3.) Winter Greenery to Liven Up Your Deck
Winter greenery such as garlands or wreaths will add a lively feel to your TimberTech holiday deck. Plus, greenery provides you yet another design element to make all your own.
Consider using these various textures of different types of greenery in garlands, wreaths, or drapery to build your signature look:
- For a rustic, wintry look: Choose a conifer such as pine and pair it with pinecones.
- For a traditional holiday feel: Choose holly with its rich green and bright red berries.
- For a luxurious look: Choose magnolia leaves that boast smooth green on one side and suede-like copper on the other.
4.) TimberTech® DeckCleaner™ & Ice Remover for a Pristine Deck
Before you decorate your deck with any or all of the ideas above, remember, it’s important to clean your capped polymer or capped composite deck periodically. Plus, if you happen to live in a cold climate, you’ll likely need to remove the ice first to ensure your decorating is done safely.
For safe ice removal and cleaning of your TimberTech capped polymer or capped composite deck, use the following guidelines:
- Before you begin: Cleaning your deck requires the use of a hose, so it’s best to wait to use the cleaner until you have a warmer day, well above 32° This is so the hose doesn’t crack, and water doesn’t freeze on your deck, taking you back to square one.
- For ice removal, use products containing calcium chloride, which shouldn’t cause damage to your TimberTech deck’s surface, but may leave a white residue. Rinse clean.
- Be sure to follow directions for TimberTech DeckCleaner and rinse your deck thoroughly.
Enjoy Your Deck Through the Holiday and Beyond
Sprucing up your deck with items from this TimberTech holiday deck shopping list can help you enjoy your outdoor living space for the holiday season – and in the new year ahead.
Now that you’ve started thinking of ways to bring a festive, inviting feel to your deck this holiday season, keep going. Visualize your ideal outdoor space by comparing different deck lighting options, furniture pieces, and accessory items in our 3D Deck Designer Tool.